Dr. Gary Bernard’s ‘Program’ for Healthy Living
The human body is an amazing work of art. It is composed of multiple parts, systems, organic and mineral substances, boundless energy, neurological synapses, electrical impulses, cellular metabolism, and on and on. If all of these functions happen in a gloriously systematic order a body will feel good, happy and healthy. If any one piece of this synchronism gets frayed, burnt, attacked or disrupted in any way, the body will pay for it. That you can count on.
You may not feel or recognize what has gone haywire; you may not even really feel a “symptom”. You do recognize that things are not the way they used to be. Most commonly, these sometimes subtle changes are just passed off as part of getting older. “That’s what is supposed to happen,” or “I passed 40 now, I’m supposed to get tired more easily, gain weight, thought and memory not as clear, libido, libido what is that?” or “That’s what life is, growing old.”
It does not have to be that way.
Dr. Bernard has developed a “Program”, consisting of multiple aspects, all of which are designed, when followed, to promote a quality life and to eliminate as many of the hazards that lead to your body being out of ‘Sync”. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO YOUR PART AND FOLLOW THE SUGGESTIONS AND DIRECTIONS WE GIVE YOU TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:
1. Replenish your natural hormones to appropriate levels (and stay on them….every day) This is Number One.
2. As prevention minded medicine, all the routine screening tests should be done to assure there are no major parts that have gotten ‘downgraded’ already.
Mammograms, Colonoscopy, Chest X-Ray, etc. You may be asked to do a Cardiac Stress Test or a test for Sleep Apnea.
3. Weight. Get your weight under control. Most of this effort comes from you in diet control. We do have multiple methods to assist you, from HCG to Protein Shakes, to alternative or prescription diet aids, Diet Plans and metabolism boosters.
4. Quality Sleep. A good quality ‘Deep’ sleep is essential every night. Sleep Apnea is a real ‘sleeping’ giant out there that could be holding you back from total wellness. It may just be adjusting your schedule so you get 6-8 hours of quality sleep each night, or it could be sleep disordered breathing.
5. Exercise. As Nike used to say “JUST DO IT!” Most people don’t like to exercise, many do. You don’t have to overkill here, just walking 2 miles 3 times a week is sufficient. But naturally, the more you do the better.
6. Eating as Organic as your budget will allow. Also stay away from plastics, just don’t use them. Period.
7. Use supplements, Vitamins, Anti Oxidants, etc. They do help, and not in a small way. The processed foods and environmental pollutants we are exposed to every day in ways we do not see, take their toll, slowly but surely pushing the hands of time forward.
This post wasn’t intended to expose the trade secrets of Dr. Bernard’s ‘Program’, because as you can see, it is all things you know, or have heard, or know you should be doing. It is simple common sense. This is merely the basics of the program. There is a tremendous amount of research and coordination that goes on behind the scenes.
However, the original intent of this blog was to encourage everyone to stick with the program. If you do, success is virtually 100%. Watch that diet! Do that exercise! Take the supplements. Do that sleep study!
JUST DO IT!
Maybe I have accomplished that.